Polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) Fiber
Polyvinyl alcohol fiber with high strength and high modulus polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) as the main raw material, made by wet spinning process.
The product has a high modulus, high strength, low elongation, pollution-free, non-toxic, and with acid, alkali, salt, abrasion, sunlight, corrosion, enzymes borers, cracking, anti-penetration, anti-UV, antiaging properties. The essential characteristic of these reinforcements is to absorb and distribute throughout the entire length - and thus attenuate - the tensions that are created in the material by an external load applied to the object.
At the first, PVA fiber has high tenacity and modulus of elasticity compare with other general organic fiber.
Second, bonding strength between fiber and cement matrix is strong. Also it is possible to control bonding strength by surface treatment.
At last, good durabilityhas been proved by long terms field test,and it has been used as fiber cement slate over twenty years ,because PVA fiber has got wide acceptance as a less hazardous and reasonable cost alternative. Data sheets as below:
Hot Water Solubility (90℃,1hour)
5mm / 6mm multiple
PVA fiber advantage:
PVA fiber has high strength and modulus of elasticity compare with other general organic fiber used for cement reinforcing widely. As below:
Floats in water
AR glass fiber
Weak in alkali
Note:Like steel and glass fiber, PVA fibers have a modulus of elasticity, namely resistance to stretching, greater than normal concrete. Fine polypropylene, nylon and the other synthetic fibers used in concrete serve to restrain plastic shrinkage during the first 24 hours after concrete is poured. It is said that PVA fiber has higher tenacity and modulus, makes better performance for cracking control for long terms. Also regarding to structural applications with coarse fiber, high tensile strength and modulus may work effectively
(1) high strength and high modulus polyvinyl alcohol fiber is an excellent substitute for asbestos fibers and glass fibers.
(2) polyvinyl alcohol fiber cement products are widely used in construction, such as fiber cement boards, tiles, pipes and so on.
(3) high strength and high modulus PVA fiber tow in water conservancy construction, instead of steel as reinforcement belt.
(4) high strength and high modulus PVA fiber can also be used for advanced road construction, airport runways, tunnels, bridges and other construction.
(5) the production of high strength rope, safety net.
(6) rubber tires with reinforced material for conveyor belts, fire hoses, hoses and other preparation .
(7) plastic reinforcements.
Our other mainly concrete fiber