Copolymer of vinyl chloride and vinyl isobutyl ether CMP resin
O — CH2 — CH(CH3)2
— (CH2 — CH)m — (CH2 — CHCl)n —
CMP resin, with its full name as copolymer of vinyl chloride and vinyl isobutyl ether, is produced by polymerization of vinyl chloride monomer, vinyl isobutyl ether monomer and other raw and auxiliary materials, and mainly used in the anti-corrosive coatings and composite printing inks.
It is a substitute of chlorinated rubber using carbon tetrachloride solvent process.
It is non-toxic, environmentally friendly, superior in the aspects of flexibility, heat resistance, UV stability, alkali and chalking resistance.
Moreover, it is miscible with alkyd, hard resin, acrylic and epoxy resin as well as plasticizer.
The Anti-corrosion performance index of CMP resin is higher than that of chlorosulfonated polyethylene and chlorinated rubber coatings,
K Value (Fikentscher)
Chlorine content %
Volatile matter %
Note: CMP15 /CMP25 / CMP60 mainly for anti-corrosion coatings.
CMP35 / CMP45 / CMP60 mainly for composite printing inks.
As an excellent binding vehicle for composite printing inks, it is used in wide range of fields.
CMP resin has the following advantages:
1. Good solubility: Soluble in most of solvents, such as benzenes, acetones and esters commonly used in inks production, in addition, the dissolved solution has a higher degree of transparency.
2. Excellent blending property: Easily blended with other ink binding vehicles to enhance its working performance, such as CPP, EVA and CEVA resins.
3. High dispersivity: It has good dispersing and wetting properties to inks and dyes, ensuring the pigments fully display the primary color and transferability.
4. Superior adhesion: The polymer chains contain a large quantity of ether bonds, which have strong adhesive strength to BOPP, OPP, PET and other plastic film.
5. Good stability: There is no reactive double bonds, no saponifiable ester bonds in the resin, and the chlorine atoms in the molecular link are very stable. These offer ink layers strong resistance to heat, light, weathering, yellowing and chalking.
It is widely used in the fields of anti-corrosion coatings:
(1) Industrial anti-corrosion coatings, such as factory buildings, equipment, pipeline, tanks, municipal engineering, piers and harbors, etc.
(2) Marine coatings, applicable to the various parts of the hull, resisting sun exposure and seawater erosion.
(3) Transport paints, such as containers, transport machinery, dangerous chemicals tankers.
(4) Light metals primer, top paint, such as garage doors and windows, roof rain sinks, balcony, lampposts and road crash barriers.
(5) Large-scale key projects, such as bridge, ocean and energy engineering.
Packing & storage & transportation :
1, 20kgs/bag, 600kgs on a pallet, 12000kgs/1x20’GP with pallet, 14000kgs /1x20’gp without pallet.
2, CMP resin is liable to suffer from agglomeration due to its own glass transition temperature under high pressure & temperature, exposure, moisture and other harsh storage or transportation circumstances. Therefore, keep sealed, avoid stress, keep away from heat source and humid environment during transportation. Store in a cool, dry and well-ventilated place. Guard against moisture, sunlight and high temperature.